Progress

Sunday, February 19, 2012

fluctuate

It has been a pretty intense week. I managed to squeeze in as much physical exercise as I could including walking up and down 3 flights of stairs instead of taking the lift, yoga, stretching, boxing and reducing my calories to the recommended figures. I had one cheeky pint of cider and Sunday I went approximately 300 calories above my limit so when I checked the scales this morning I foud that I had gained weight. This is quite frustrating! I managed to avoid the pastry goods yesterday at the family gathering but I was consuming quite a bit of carbs, rice, rice porridge etc.

Spoke to my cousin who is a doctor and he recommended cutting the carbs completely just for a certain duration of time. Tad bit worried about cutting out carbs however, he knows about my current condition and medical history and he said that removing carbs from my diet would probably be the only way for me to successfully reduce my weight. He said that even if I reintroduce carbs after a certain period of time I won't see a massive increase in weight *fingers crossed*. I am going to go with his recommendation and see whether that works but will take in more vegetables that have a higher content of carbs but cut out the white rice, bread, noodles etc. *sigh*

I also plan to exercise more and spend 2-3 hours a day working out.
Its time for lunch. Maybe I will chew on a bit of dirt instead today. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment