Progress

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

calorie schmalorie



Prior to my current drive to shed the pounds, I would mock (in my head and not out loud of course!) the people who counted every single calorie and would weigh every morsel of food they consume. I owe an apology to all these people as I am having to count the calories myself now. The Lose It website is great as it makes keeping a food journal easy! All you need to do is search for the food in their database and add it to the online journal; they do all the work. For someone looking to lose the amount I need to lose (1kg a week at least), taking BMI, current weight, height, age and exercise into consideration, I need to consume no more than 1268 calories a day. So, yes I am weighing my food and counting calories but the one thing I am NOT doing is depriving myself, which I think is always a mistake when you're trying to cut down on food!

Other links to calorie counters (region specific):
Malaysia (YAY!)
Exercise Calorie Counter (This is brilliant to find out how many calories you burn; includes walking and house cleaning!)



No comments:

Post a Comment